Home       About       Contact       Favorites       Mosaic Makeovers      

Friday, April 13, 2012

Amanda

My baby sister is one of the most beautiful women I know, so when I came up with the concept of a rebel beauty hanging out on the city streets, it had her name written all over it. I spent weeks coordinating with my mom (and photographer) and pulling looks from my own wardrobe to style Amanda in. I think we were all giddy with anticipation when the day of the shoot finally arrived. My mom cooked breakfast while we did hair and makeup and then we all headed out on location. It was a really fun day. I am truly blessed, and so thankful for the support and hard work that they put into bringing my vision to life. 
Amanda has really fine hair, so I needed my beloved Dirty Secret dry shampoo to add some grit.
I wanted to accentuate her beautiful pout, but the real focus for this shoot was the smokey eye, so some Dumb Blonde gloss was perfect.
I gave her a piece-y full fringe for a classic look with a current twist.
 I took her two levels darker than her natural color and added a hint of mahogany to bring out the blue in her eyes.
I added texture with square layers and a forward graduation technique around the face.
For the second look, we changed location and though I had intended to put Amanda's hair in an updo, at the last minute I decided to go with this grungy Bridgette Bardot look with the silver braided headband.
 I love the idea of glitter and grit, granny and grunge, leather and diamonds.
She's such a natural! :)
Photography by Sandy Carden




1 comment:

  1. Kendra my love you are amazing!!!! I'm so proud of you and everything you're doing!!! :)) --Lisa

    ReplyDelete